What is Nizoral Shampoo?
Nizoral Anti-Dandruff Shampoo is used to treat and prevent dandruff. The shampoo contains ketoconazole, which is an antifungal that targets an increased number of yeasts on the skin called Malassezia. These yeasts occur naturally on everyone’s skin, however, people with dandruff seem to have more Malassezia. The shampoo also treats the inflammation associated with dandruff, relieving scalp redness and itching.
This product is for use in adults and adolescents over 12 years.
How to use Nizoral Shampoo
- For external use only.
- Use every 3 or 4 days for 2 – 4 weeks.
- If your scalp has not cleared within 4 weeks, speak to your doctor or pharmacist.
- To keep your scalp clear and to prevent dandruff returning, use Nizoral Anti-Dandruff Shampoo once every 1 – 2 weeks. If you stop using Nizoral Anti-Dandruff Shampoo altogether, your symptoms may become a problem again.
- Not for children aged under 12.
Adults and adolescents over 12 years.
- Wet hair thoroughly.
- Apply a small amount of Nizoral Anti-Dandruff Shampoo to your scalp and massage into a lather.
- Leave the lather on your scalp for 3 – 5 minutes.
- Rinse thoroughly.
What does Nizoral Shampoo contain?
The active ingredient in 1 g of Nizoral Anti-Dandruff Shampoo is 20 mg ketoconazole.